Steps to take in an accident
1. Take down particulars of the drivers involved in the accident
2. Note down vehicle plate numbers of the vehicles involved
3. Take clear photos of the accident scene, surroundings and damages to the vehicles involved.
4. Contact LCR ARC’s to seek advice or request for a tow-truck.
5. Report accident within 24 hours or by the next working day
Accidents in Malaysia
1. Make Malaysian police report (112).
2. Snap photo of valid road tax of the Malaysian vehicle.
3. Contact LCR authorized reporting centre number for assistance.
Do not agree to let a random tow-truck assist you in bringing your car back to his workshop, as this could have severe implications on your insurance claims.
- Stay calm. Check if any party is injured.
- If there are any serious injuries, call 999/994 immediately.
- If there are no injuries to any parties, move the vehicles away from flow of traffic if possible.
- Note down all number plates of involved vehicles and particuclars of driver and witnesses.
- Take photo of the accident scene.
- Send your vehicle to the LCR assigned workshop only.
- Get into a heated argument with other parties involved.
- Discuss liability with parties involved in the accident at that instance.
Cases involving injury
- Call police immediately (999).
- Parties not injured should stay at the scene and wait for the arrival of the police.
- Vehicles should not be removed unless necessary (e.g. evacuation of the injured).
- Complete the windscreen claim form.
- Pay the excess charge of $107.00 (inclusive of 7% GST).
- ARC* will submit claim to insurer
LCR will arrange for replacement once the claim is approved.
Third party Claim
Remember to lodge the accident report to the ARC within 24 hours or the next working day. If there are any injuries to any parties, you are required to lodge a police report.
LCR will assist to arrange a replacement car, or rental reimbursement will be processed after completion of the vehicle repairs.
LCR will assist to recover the repair cost from the third party’s insurer. However, hirer will be required to pay the repair costs first.
Own Damage Claim
- Minor own damages are best settled as cash repairs. Hirers save on downtime and can start driving to earn again in just a few days.
- For minor damages, LCR will quote repair costs to hirer and proceed immediately with repair works. Hirer to pay LCR the repair costs upon completion of repairs and collection of vehicle.
- For extensive damages, hirer may need to submit an own damage claim as the repair costs will be high. In this instance, hirer will be liable for the section 1 excess payment of $2140.00 (inclusive of 7% GST).
- In the event of a third party claim by the other party, hirer would also need to bear the section 2 excess of $2140.00 (inclusive of 7% GST).
For towing, please contact your assigned ARC. Refer to your vehicle accident reporting sheet for the 24 hour contact number.
Please note that you will be liable for the towing charge to Woodlands Causeway mid-point and the Malaysia levy charge.
*ARC- Accident Reporting Centre
+65 3163 3217