Accidents & Insurance

What you should do

Accidents & Insurance2018-12-03T16:40:07+00:00
  1. Ensure the safety of yourself and passengers on board.
  2. Call police (999) and emergency services (995) if there’s injury and do not move your vehicle.
  3. Do not move your vehicles and take photos of:
    1. General accident scene photos with original vehicle positions
    2. Damages to third-party vehicle including number plate
    3. Damages to your vehicle including number plate
  4. Unplug the power to the in-car camera to preserve accident footage
  5. Call for tow truck (refer to ARC/workshop in your vehicle checkout documents). LCR strongly recommends that you do not drive your vehicle around with accident damages.
How do I make own damage claims?2017-12-05T17:13:10+00:00

For Minor Damages

  • For minor damages, LCR will quote you the repair costs and proceed immediately with repair works. You only need to pay LCR once the repairs are done and you’ve collected your car.

However, if your damages are very minor, you are advised to settle them as cash repairs so you can save on downtime and can start driving again in just a few days.

For Extensive Damages

  • Submit an “Own Damage” claim as the repair costs will be high. In this instance, you will be liable for the Vehicle Damage fee of up to $2,200 (inclusive of 7% GST).
  • In the event of a third party claim by the other party, you would also need to bear the insurance excess of $2,140.00 (inclusive of 7% GST).
How do I make a third party claim?2017-06-29T11:22:53+00:00

Simply lodge the accident report to the ARC within 24 hours or the next working day. If there are any injuries to any parties, you are required to lodge a police report as well.

I got into an accident in Malaysia. What should I do?2019-02-07T11:50:19+00:00
  1. Take accident scene photos of all vehicles involved with their vehicle plates, exchange details of IC & driving licence
  2. Take photos of Certificate of Insurance & Road Tax of all Malaysia vehicles involved. Ensure vehicle plates stated in the road tax tally with the Malaysian vehicles
  3. Proceed to the nearest Malaysia Police station to file a Police Report. If possible, try to get a copy of the other party’s police report.
  4. Please contact your Authorized Reporting Centre (workshop) or LCR hotline : 3138 1884 for assistance.
  5. Important: Do not agree to let an unauthorized tow-truck assist you in bringing your car back to their workshop as this could have severe implications on your insurance claims. Charges imposed by these unauthorised workshops will be billed to you accordingly.
  6. Please note that you are liable for the towing charges from Malaysia to Singapore Immigration and the compulsory Malaysia Levy surcharge payable.