- Stay calm and check for injuries. If there are any serious injuries, call 999 or 995 immediately.
- If possible, move cars out of traffic. Turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights and use cones or warning triangles for safety.
- Take down the I.C. numbers and contact information of the drivers involved.
- Take down the car plate numbers of all vehicles at the scene.
- Take clear photos of the accident scene, surroundings and damages to the vehicles.
- Contact LCR’s Accident Reporting Centre (ARC) to seek advice or request for a tow-truck at 3158 4255. Please report the accident within 24 hours or by the next working day
For Minor Damages
- For minor damages, LCR will quote you the repair costs and proceed immediately with repair works. You only need to pay LCR once the repairs are done and you’ve collected your car.
However, if your damages are very minor, you are advised to settle them as cash repairs so you can save on downtime and can start driving again in just a few days.
For Extensive Damages
- Submit an “Own Damage” claim as the repair costs will be high. In this instance, you will be liable for the Section 1 excess payment of $2140.00 (inclusive of 7% GST).
- In the event of a third party claim by the other party, you would also need to bear the Section 2 excess of $2140.00 (inclusive of 7% GST).
Simply lodge the accident report to the ARC within 24 hours or the next working day. If there are any injuries to any parties, you are required to lodge a police report as well.
- Complete the windscreen claim form.
- Pay the excess charge of $107.00 (inclusive of 7% GST).
- The LCR ARC will submit a claim to the insurer.
Once the claim is approved, LCR will arrange a replacement for you.
- Make a Malaysian police report by calling 112.
- Snap a photo of the road tax document of the Malaysian vehicles involved.
- Contact LCR Authorized Reporting Centre (ARC) at 3158 4255 for assistance.
Important: Do not agree to let an unauthorized tow-truck assist you in bringing your car back to their workshop as this could have severe implications on your insurance claims.