FAQ - Insurance

I got into an accident in Malaysia, what should I do?

By |2019-12-17T08:50:22+08:00December 17th, 2019||

  1. Take accident scene photos of all vehicles involved with their vehicle plates, exchange details of IC & driving licence
  2. Take photos of Certificate of Insurance & Road Tax of all Malaysia vehicles involved. Ensure vehicle plates stated in the road tax tally with the Malaysian vehicles
  3. Proceed to the nearest Malaysia Police station to file a Police Report. If possible, try to get a copy of the other party’s police report.
  4. Please contact your Authorized Reporting Centre (workshop) or LCR hotline: 6252 5525 for assistance.
  5. Important: Do not agree to let an unauthorized tow-truck assist you in bringing your car back to their workshop as this could have severe implications on your insurance claims. Charges imposed by these unauthorised workshops will be billed to you accordingly.
  6. Please note that you are liable for the towing charges from Malaysia to Singapore Immigration and the compulsory Malaysia Levy surcharge payable.

How do I make my own claims

By |2024-01-26T21:16:40+08:00December 17th, 2019||

For Minor Damages

  • For minor damages, LCR will quote you the repair costs and proceed immediately with repair works. You only need to pay LCR once the repairs are done and you’ve collected your car.

However, if your damages are very minor, you are advised to settle them as cash repairs so you can save on downtime and can start driving again in just a few days.

For Extensive Damages

  • Submit an “Own Damage” claim as the repair costs will be high. In this instance, you will be liable for the Vehicle Damage fee of up to $3,270 (inclusive of 9% GST).
  • In the event of a third party claim by the other party, you would also need to bear the insurance excess of $3,270 (inclusive of 9% GST).
Go to Top